Lundi 19 Mars 2018
taille du texte
Jeudi, 10 Novembre 2011 04:26

Jailbreakers Warned To Avoid Upgrading To iOS 5.0.1 By pod2g

Rate this item
(0 Votes)
We recently reported that ex-Chronic Dev Team member pod2g tweeted out that he found an untether bug for iOS 5. Other than the information given previously, it is unknown on how far he’s gotten as well as when we can expect public release. Although he’s remained MIA for the last couple of months or so, he seems to be actively keeping us updated on what’s in store. Eight hours ago, he tweeted out a warning to those who want to update to iOS 5.0.1 upon release. According to his tweet, iOS 5.0.1 will close an iOS security bug found by Charlie Miller that makes exploits dramatically easier to tackle. This would imply that a jailbreak for iOS 5.0 versus iOS 5.0.1 could come quicker. Pod2g clarified in a later tweet that it wasn’t a matter of iOS 5.0.1 never being jailbreakable, it will just be more difficult and will take longer. So for us end users, what should we do? Below is the grant scheme of things: iOS 5.0 Users Remain on this firmware and do not update to iOS 5.0.1. After iOS 5.0.1 releases, Apple will close the signing window for this firmware and won’t allow downgrades. With SHSH not being an option anymore, you may have to wait longer for a jailbreak if you’re on iOS 5.0.1. iOS 5.0.1 Beta Users Downgrade back to iOS 5.0. As the above, the signing window will be closed when iOS 5.0.1 is publicly released, leaving you no choice but to update up, not downgrade. iOS 4 Users Hang tight. Many of you are most likely on iOS 4 still due to unlocks and baseband issues. Breaking those just to update iOS 5 would be unwise. Information as it comes will be posted to give better clarification in this regard. However, if unlocks and basebands are not an issue for you and you’re able to update to iOS 5, I strongly would. Just as the above, the signing window will close when iOS 5.0.1 releases. Ultimately, it is your decision whether to take action on what has been stated. However I would take in consideration all the factors on the table and base your decision upon your own personal situation. Stay tuned for more information as it surfaces by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and/or subscribing to our RSS feed. Source: pod2g Authors:
French (Fr)English (United Kingdom)


Parmi nos clients